Based in tropical Central Queensland, an exciting opportunity exists for an experienced maintenance professional to join Cement Australia's largest site and flagship operation's team as a Maintenance Planner in Gladstone.
Reporting to the Shutdown and Planning Manager, you will coordinate and plan all maintenance activities and provide technical input to ensure high plant availability within the plan budget, in a manner commensurate with Cement Australia SHEQ standards and principles.
About the role:
As the Maintenance Planner you will be part of a small team involved in planning and scoping of works as well as scheduling for the regular week to week, maintenance down days and major shutdowns.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide planning and scheduling for Reliability, Electrical, Mechanical and contracted maintenance teams to ensure equipment is inspected and maintained efficiently and effectively
- Effectively plan & schedule all maintenance activities, considering priorities and resources
- Maintain the SAP maintenance management system, for your area including updating and creating master data
- Work with the Reliability team to ensure lessons learnt from equipment failures are captured and maintenance management system processes are updated to prevent reoccurrence and improve future planning and scheduling
- Provide an essential role in shutdowns planning and scheduling - monitor and control planning activities through all phases of the shutdown lifecycle (preparation, pre-work, work, post work, and feedback)
- Analyse the detailed shutdown plans to identify potential conflicts and deviations and propose solutions to optimise the overall shutdown schedule
- Work with key stakeholders to develop detailed work scope, work delivery plans and costs forecast to ensure safe, timely and costs effective completion of major shutdown works
- Assist in building annual zero based budgets
This is a full-time, 12 month contract role, with flexible work arrangements focusing on being available for times of peak workload (e.g. during a shutdown planning and execution phase) and delivering outcomes of your role, rather than defined start and finish times.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- Trade background (desirable)
- Additional Tertiary Qualifications i.e. Project Management or Engineering degree (desirable)
- SAP experience
- Proven experience as a planner and specifically in shutdown planning and management
- Proven success in project management or maintenance planning within a heavy industrial, manufacturing, mining or similar environment
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of maintenance management systems and processes
- Experience scheduling large projects or maintenance activities using MS Project (desirable)
- Experience with budget setting, tracking and forecasting
- A passion for safety and continuous improvement as a way of life
- A team player mindset with the ability to influence and negotiate at multiple levels of the business
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Australia’s largest and highly respected cement manufacturing site
- Engaged, collaborative and diverse team
- Tropical lifestyle and strong local community
- Site General Manager focused on partnering with leadership team to drive and deliver realistic, achievable, and safe outcomes for the site - on time and within budget
- We are known for our culture onsite at Gladstone and pride ourselves as a unified team
- Large enough to be the best, small enough to treat employees as family
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services. Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Cement Australia requests all new employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide evidence of your status.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.