Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
We have a Maintenance Planner (Light Vehicles) role available on a 5/2/4/3 roster reporting to the Planning Superintendent. You will be required to plan and coordinate major shutdowns and component changes on heavy mining equipment.
Some of your duties will include:
- Planning and scheduling component changeouts and major overhauls for Light Vehicles
- Initiating and monitoring the purchasing and logistics process to ensure parts, equipment, resources and tooling are available when required
- Monitor the condition and organize the repair of related assets e.g. Trays, Buckets and Blades.
- Ensuring information stored in the CMMS is detailed, accurate and current
- Timely communication of any foreseeable disruptions to planned events
- Actively engaging with mining operations team to ensure plans are aligned with production objectives
Roster and Location
- Monday to Friday – 9 day fortnight roster
- Full camp facilities or local living allowance provided
- The Curragh North project is located 30kms from Blackwater in Central Qld
To be considered for this role you are required to have:
- Relevant trade or tertiary qualifications
- Minimum Two years' experience in a Maintenance Planning role
- Minimum Five years maintenance experience
- Experience in plant management and document control systems
- Knowledge of maintenance and planning systems
- MS Excel and MS Project skills
- Experience in the use of maintenance tools (e.g. JDE, SAP)
What Thiess can do for you
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.