Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About The Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Leading Hand to join the maintenance team at Curragh North. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively with your crew and the wider site team towards delivering safe, high-quality results. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges while acting with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
Our Curragh North Coal Project is situated 10km north of Blackwater in the Bowen Basin.
- Lead your crew ensuring everyone works safely and efficiently
- Perform servicing, repair and maintenance in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Source technical information including, technical bulletins, OEM and computer-based systems, be able to read and understand schematics – electrical and hydraulic
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Carry out quality work
- Step up and cover for the Maintenance Supervisor in his absence
- Maintain radio communications for shift activities
- Manage parts requirements for work
- Warehouse control on night shift
- Make sure all work is performed in a timely manner (agreed time)
To be successful in this role you are required to have:
- Relevant trade qualifications
- Experience working as a leading hand in the maintenance field on an operational mine
- Post-trade operational mine site experience
- Experience in general service, maintenance, breakdowns, component change outs and proper diagnostics
- Computer system JDE
- Oil analysis and interpretation.
- OEM computer based systems, CAT and Liebherr
What Thiess Can Do For You
- Permanent full-time positions
- 12-hr day & night shift
- Even time, lifestyle rosters
- A Bus will be provided from Mackay, Yeppoon & Rockhampton to camp
- Full camp facilities provided
- Living out of camp allowance, if applicable
- Thiess’ commitment to training & developing
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com
Register Your Interest Today
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
"Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process".