2023 Crushing Season Vacancies - Start your SWEETCareer today!
Seasonal employment opportunities have become available for the 2023 cane crushing season at Mackay Sugar. The season is expected to run from mid-late May and will end approximately December 2023. Mackay Sugar is particularly eager to receive applications from people who have a passion for the Sugar Industry and have a strong desire to see the local industry thrive.
Various position available
- Drivers Assistants
- Control Analyst / Juice Analyst (Laboratory)
- Fixed Plant Operators
- Boiler Station Attendant
- Factory Cleaners/Laborer's
- Fugal Operator
- Effet/Clarification Plant Attendant
- Assistant Sugar Boiler / Process Attendant
All positions will report to the functional Shift Supervisor, and are responsible for operating safely within Mackay Sugar's overaching policies, procedures and values.
General Requirements – All Applicants:
Applicants will be required to demonstrate their ability to satisfy the attributes associated with these roles, including:
- The ability and willingness to work safely and efficiently within a team environment.
- Adequate mechanical aptitude, literacy, and numeracy skills.
- A current and valid Australian Driver’s License.
- Ability and willingness to work shift work.
- An adequate level of physical fitness, such as mounting/dismounting locomotives, lifting and carrying objects, climbing stairs and ladders.
- Availability for duration of crushing season.
About Mackay Sugar
Located in tropical North Queensland where a unique lifestyle can be blended with a progressive business, Mackay is home to Australia’s second largest sugar milling company, Mackay Sugar. With more than 140 years’ experience in raw sugar production and employing up to 800 people seasonally, Mackay Sugar is an iconic Australian brand that contributes significantly to our economy and community.
A member of the Nordzucker Group since 2019, Mackay Sugar is undergoing an exciting period of change and growth. Nordzucker is one of the leading sugar manufacturers in Europe and brings a network of global ideas, innovation, and opportunities to Mackay Sugar.
Application process: To apply, please visit https://www.mkysugar.com.au/careers/Pages/Job-Opportunities.aspx
Otherwise, please call Libby or Amy at Mackay Sugar on 07 4963 8263 or 0409 035 575