About the Role:
You may already have heard there are abundant work opportunities in Gladstone, Central Queensland but as Gorden Tallis illustrates, you may not yet realise just how amazing and affordable the lifestyle is!
Watch Video Now
Want to explore an "Even Better Living" for yourself and your family?
Be part of an innovative business with endless opportunities – multiple positions on offer within fabrication and manufacturing – be the linchpin to business success.
Be the game changer manufacturer, create, own, build your future for even better living long established solid company.
- The position encompasses the day-to-day operational requirements of the Machine Shop section (including work offsite) and provision of support to other sections in order to optimize the overall performance of the company. Comply with Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Undertake Machining operations on a wide range of mining and heavy engineering equipment, including valves, pumps, rolling stock, etc
- Preparation of reports detailing defects detected
- Compiling inspection reports including final measurements
- Undertaking and recording calibrations of tooling
- Report to the Supervisor on any issues affecting machine performance, calibration issues and/or other non-conformances
- Daily maintenance of machines and tooling
- Present ideas for improvements to workshop process to leading hand/supervisor
- Supervision of apprentices assigned to them
- Provide technical support throughout the organisation
- Participate in the continual improvement of the Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems by giving feedback on the organisation
- Undertake machining operations on a wide range of mining and heavy engineering equipment
Requirements and skills
- Mechanical and technical skills.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work well with others
- Excellent communication skills
What can we offer?
- Pay rates are based on a tiered system from level 1 through to level 5 tradesperson
- Each candidate is evaluated based on the skills and attributes and classified accordingly
- The team works a 38hr week with a variety of work and a motivated team
Seeking change makers not job seekers to work in a team that values you.
Be on the top of your game – Close the windows and open the doors.
If you’re looking for a new challenge hit the “Apply for this job now” button and submit your Resume or call Wendy 0456 805 478 for more details and a confidential discussion.