Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining, and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Light Vehicle Fitter to join the maintenance team at our Foxleigh coal project located near Middlemount in the Bowen Basin. This is a five-year contract which encompasses the provision of mobile plant & maintenance services, including the maintenance of client owned equipment.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the positions are responsible for carrying out quality preventative and breakdown maintenance services on all light vehicles on site.
Key duties/responsibilities include:
• Fault finding and diagnostics
• Carry out repairs and maintenance to light vehicles
• Ensure relevant parts are ordered
• Maintain an appropriate inventory of spare parts
• Accurate completion of daily check sheets, technical documents, and reports
• Following all mine site procedures including equipment serviceability, housekeeping, and compliance; and
• A commitment to working safely, complying with all site safety standards, and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace.
To be successful in this position you must have:
• Automotive trade qualification
• Current Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 (preferred but not essential)
• Drivers' License (manual)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work within a team environment.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks. Additionally, you will be asked to provide proof of working rights in Australia i.e. copy of valid Australian passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current visa grant notification where applicable.
Macmahon offers its' people competitive remuneration packages, a range of company benefits and discounts, ongoing training, development, and career progression opportunities as well as ability to work in diverse roles across multiple local and international locations.
We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Flexible working arrangements and job-sharing opportunities may be available for suitable candidates. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.