Mader Group provide quality maintenance solutions for the Rail Freight and Transport industry. Our team of highly trained and experienced Locomotive, Track Machine and Rolling Stock technicians provide cost effective, end-to-end solutions to the Australian Rail Industry.
About the Job
The Rail Services team at Mader are currently seeking numerous experienced Locomotive Maintainers & Locomotive Electricians to build a new team, supporting our reputable client with ongoing work on a 2/1 FIFO basis in the North Queensland region.
You will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Scheduled Locomotive and Rolling stock maintenance
- Diagnostics, fault finding and repairs of EMD GT46 locomotives
- Drive system component diagnostics and repairs
- Dynamic brake testing and commissioning
- Electrical Component installation, replacement and repairs
- Electrical and Mechanical breakdown diagnostics and repairs; including replacements of Traction Motors, Alternators, Engine and Power assemblies, Air Compressors, and Blower motors.
- Previous experience within a rolling stock maintainer environment
- Certified competency with high risk work (EWP, Dogging, Truck Crane, Forklift, HR), Safely Access the Rail corridor (SARC) & White Construction Card would be advantageous but not essential
- Shunting certification will be highly regarded
- Sound knowledge of EMD engine, mechanical systems and mechanical system controls
What we offer
- Flights from all capital cities provided
- Meals & accommodation provided
- 2/1 roster
- Competitive rates
- 10.5% Superannuation paid on all hours worked
- Opportunity to work with Mader International
- Salary sacrificing for personal items including cars, tooling and more
- ‘Mates of Mader’ our generous employee referral incentive bonus
- On-going training, we pay you to upskill!
- Great culture with regular team building & social events
What you need
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Fitting
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology
- Diesel electric locomotive experience essential
- Valid C Class Drivers License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment medical & provide a National Police Check
Mader is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity encourage Indigenous, Torres Strait Islander and Female applicants to apply.
Apply online or email CV directly to email@example.com