- 9 day fortnight
- Travel from time to time but home most nights!
- Work for Australia’s Largest Rail Freight Operator
About the role
We are currently experiencing significant growth here at Aurizon Bulk East and are currently looking for a qualified Mechanical Tradesperson to join our Rockhampton maintenance depot.
Working on Locomotives within a well organised and thriving workshop this is a great opportunity to be part of a stable organisation that values both its people and safety alike.
- Perform complex trouble shooting, fault rectification duties, repairs, modifications and preventative maintenance procedures on rollingstock.
- Form part of a team that has an excellent track record and timely performance.
- Supervise, mentor and assist in the development of apprentices and locomotive maintainers.
- Utilise and input accurate data into the Maintenance Management System.
- Assist with the implementation and development of quality improvements to deliver quality customer service.
- Cert lll in Mechanical or equivalent qualification.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Candidates from heavy industry maintenance background highly regarded.
- High level skill in trouble shooting, fault rectification & preventative maintenance of rollingstock.
- Adequate level of skill in interpreting technical instructions and drawings
- Sound computer literacy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What we can offer you: At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities.
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Contact Marissa Whittington on email@example.com
Advertised: 11 Jan 2023 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 31 Jan 2023 E. Australia Standard Time