We’re proud to work in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to deliver Local Area Coordination Services in Mackay.
Full time contracts available until June 30th 2025!
What you’ll be doing in this role:
As a Local Area Coordinator, you will be the heartbeat of the NDIA in your local community. Using your people skills, ability to multitask and move with changes rapidly to assist participants to be linked to and navigate the NDIS. You will guide participants in their options to make informed choices while gathering information for the development of their NDIS plans to help further build capacity. LACs also support NDIS participants in exploring ways to achieve their goals and help them understand how the funding in their plan works.
Your work will include:
- Supporting people with disabilities, their families, and carers by providing linkage and referrals to community and Mainstream Services and/or services funded by the NDIA’s Grant programs.
- Providing people with a disability and their families with information and support to access mainstream services and participate in the community.
- Building and maintaining positive partnerships within the wider community to refer participants to a diverse range of community and other government services.
- Develop strong community partnerships that support capacity building to make communities more accessible and inclusive.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with great people skills, excellent written communication, and time management skills.
- Someone who has lived experience and/or experience caring for someone with a You’ll be adaptable, empathetic, and resourceful and be able to live by our values every day!
- Our values are not just words on a wall. They are unique to us and underpin our much bolder vision and aspirations for YOU – our clients, residents, participants, customers, and staff.
- Game Changers - We think outside the box and like to explore new ways of doing things. We constantly seek new learning, looking for new opportunities and improvements at every turn.
- Culture Shapers - We need each other to thrive, survive, grow, and be the best version of ourselves. We show our true strength when we collaborate, embrace our diversity, and support one another.
- Dream Makers - Our mission is to truly understand what is important to our clients, to create and deliver an experience that goes above and beyond expectations.
- Vibrant Creators - We are passionate about having fun at work and bringing play into all that we do. We approach work with a positive attitude and energy that is contagious.
- Kindness Champions - We hold kindness at the heart of everything we do. We are generous in sharing knowledge, compassionate in our interactions, open and honest in conversations, and always prioritise supporting our clients and colleagues.
What we can do for you:
- Non-for-profit Salary Packaging (up to the value of $15,899 per annum tax free) and Meal and Entertainment Packaging (up to the value of $2650 per annum tax free) (Part time and Full-time employees)
- Extensive discounts available on everyday purchases, financial tips and services, wellbeing, and wellness programs through our ForME platform
- Extensive training, development, and career opportunities (we will support you to complete additional relevant qualifications and certificates)
- Private Health Insurance Discount (Medibank)
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees.
- All technology / equipment provided.
- Dedicated, supportive managers who care about your wellbeing.
About our culture:
As a not-for-profit, you can rest assured knowing that we’re always giving right back to those who need it most.
We actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Cultural and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds, and people with disability.
We’re also highly invested in the safety of our team members everything from through COVID safe practices to SOS messaging to support our mobile workforce.
Feros Care acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Custodians of this land on which we work.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jason England on 0407 386 849, quoting Ref No. 1108328.