Even if you haven’t heard of Energy Queensland, you might know our operational brands – Energex, Ergon Energy Network, Ergon Energy Retail and Yurika.
As a group, we’re growing rapidly and a key partner in the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan (QEJP).
Do you want to help shape the future of energy and assist with advancing the energy transition towards net zero?
About the role:
We have a permanent opportunity for a Linesperson and/or Live Line Linesperson to join our team based at Gladstone.
As a Linesperson and/or Live Line Linesperson, you will:
- Be trade qualified with a Queensland Electrical Licensing Board Certificate of Competency as an Electrical Linesperson, and
- Be trade qualified with a Queensland Live Line authorisation.
- Construct, maintain and repair overhead, high and low voltage electrical distribution and sub-transmission systems, street lighting mains and customer service lines.
If you are a Linesperson with a minimum of 2 years’ experience and interested in undertaking further training and skill development to full live line capabilities, we encourage your application.
Remuneration starts from $89k pa + 12.75% Superannuation for a Linesperson and $98k pa + 12.75% Superannuation for a Live Line Linesperson.
For more information, click on the Position Description link at the bottom of the page.
What we offer you:
- Secure employment backed by a strong collective agreement, with yearly EBA increases.
- Strong superannuation of 12.75% and the ability to earn more with salary sacrifice co-contributions.
- Opportunities for skills and career advancement. You will have access to ongoing training and leadership programs and capacity to build and grow your skills.
- Healthy work life balance on a 9-day fortnight roster, more time for you.
- A chance to give back with paid employee volunteering program allowing for our employees to support communities right across QLD.
- Support and guidance with access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and a mentoring program for professional support and guidance.
- A Safety-First Culture - the safety of our people, customers & communities is a core priority.
- Reward and recognition with an internal reward and recognition program that includes an annual celebration of excellence.
- Diversity and Inclusion where all employees can contribute towards multiple diversity and inclusion initiatives across our business.
Critical to your success in the role, is your:
- Demonstrated knowledge of an electricity distribution/transmission system, including construction and maintenance of the electrical network.
- Working knowledge of Electricity Act & Regulations, Workplace Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and other relevant statutory acts & regulations.
- Willingness to travel across broader Queensland to assist with emergency work.
- Current ‘C’ class open Drives Licence.
You will be required to complete a pre-employment medical as part of the selection process.
Ergon Energy Network and Energex are part of the Energy Queensland group of companies, 100% owned by the state of Queensland. Ergon Energy Network and Energex are our ‘poles and wires’ businesses, delivering electricity to communities across Queensland.
Ready to apply?
Click the Apply button below. Your application should include a current resume and a cover letter which highlights your experience and suitability for the role.
Applications close: 5.00pm, Thursday 28 September 2023.
We value the differences individuals contribute to our workforce and encourage a diverse range of applicants to apply.