Are you wanting to help shape the future of energy and assist with advancing the energy transition towards net zero? Then these positions may be just what you're looking for.
Ergon Energy Network, part of Energy Queensland, is growing, and this is your chance to join one of the largest evolving electricity network businesses in Australia. With offices located across the state and a network covering more than 1.7 million kilometres, we're looking for passionate and talented people to help us deliver and maintain a world-class electricity distribution network for our communities.
We're looking for a qualified Live Line Linesperson and an Electrical Fitter Mechanic to join our team in Gladstone.
** As live line authorisations are a specialist skill, if you are a qualified Linesperson wanting to undertake further training and skill development to obtain these capabilities, then we encourage your application. **
- Queensland Live Line authorisation.
- Queensland Electrical Licensing Board Certificate of Competency as an Electrical Fitter Mechanic.
Critical to your success in the role is your:
- Demonstrated knowledge of an electricity distribution/transmission system, including construction and maintenance of the electrical network.
- Working knowledge of Electricity Act & Regulations, Workplace Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and other relevant statutory acts & regulations.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills to develop good working relationships with team members and external customers. You must have the ability to identify and understand customer needs.
- Availability for call out and emergency work.
- Willingness to travel to surrounding areas from time to time to undertake work.
- Current ‘C’ class open Drives Licence.
For more information about this role, click on the Position Description link below.
What we offer you:
- Secure employment backed by a strong collective agreement, with yearly EBA increases.
- Strong superannuation of 12.75% and the ability to earn more with salary sacrifice co-contributions.
- Opportunities for skills and career advancement. You will have access to ongoing training and leadership programs and capacity to build and grow your skills.
- Healthy work life balance on a 9-day fortnight roster, more time for you.
- A chance to give back with paid employee volunteering program allowing for our employees to support communities right across QLD.
- Support and guidance with access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and a mentoring program for professional support and guidance.
- A Safety-First Culture - the safety of our people, customers & communities is a core priority.
- Reward and recognition with an internal reward and recognition program that includes an annual celebration of excellence.
- Diversity and Inclusion where all employees can contribute towards multiple diversity and inclusion initiatives across our business.
Remuneration ranges from $89k to $105k per annum. The level of payment will be subject to an assessment of the applicant's knowledge, skills and competencies required for the position.
Please apply below with a current resume and a cover letter which highlights your experience and suitability for the role.
You will be required to complete a pre-employment medical as part of the selection process.
Applications close: 5.00pm, Monday 05 June 2023.
We value the differences individuals contribute to our workforce and encourage a diverse range of applicants to apply.