selectability is a not-for-profit charity committed to improving mental wellbeing and contributing to suicide prevention across regional Queensland.
We provide and coordinate NDIS supports, offer clinical services and deliver government funded mental wellbeing, carer and youth support programs.
We are one of the largest providers of mental health services across our diverse footprint – extending from Cairns to Rockhampton and Palm Island to Mount Isa … and growing.
Our focus is always the individual and their goals and aspirations.
At selectability our values define what we stand for and how we work.
Commitment... Consumers, their goals and their rights are everything
Accountability... We take responsibility for our actions
Compassion... We understand and care deeply about our consumers
Respect... We acknowledge that everyone is different and promote equal human rights
Integrity... We do the right thing even when no one is looking
Innovation... We believe that every day is an opportunity to improve
Positivity... We engender courage and passion for a better future
About the role
Make a difference in the lives of regional Queenslanders
selectability is looking for passionate motivated team member for a combined role of Lifestyle Support Worker (LSW) / Consumer Service Officer to join our growing team!
As our Consumer Service Officer, you will be working alongside experienced staff to help provide seamless support to selectability's consumers. selectability will assist you in every way throughout your employment journey, enabling you to become a valued member of our team.
The Consumer Service Officer's key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being the first point of contact for consumers and staff at selectability
- Managing daily rosters and monitoring the hours worked by our Lifestyle Support Workers
- Receiving and responding to a high volume of phone calls
- Completing daily administrative tasks, including delegated tasks from Team Leaders
- Managing consumer appointments
- Actioning staff leave application forms
As a LSW you will play a vital role in supporting our consumers to live their best life - empowering individuals to build confidence, work towards their goals and improve their mental wellbeing.
You work one-on-one in the homes and communities of our consumers to support them to live as independently as possible.
Lifestyle Support Workers perform a rewarding role filled with variety! No two days are the same as you support consumers to work towards their own, unique goals.
You may work with consumers in their homes to carry out activities like clean and organise, prepare healthy meals or maintain a yard and generally make positive choices. A key part of the role is supporting consumers to improve their confidence accessing the community and engaging in activities that will help them achieve their goals. You will also provide transport to and from activities. It could be anything from shopping, going to the gym, attending social events and appointments … to name a few activities!
Working at selectability is more than just a job – it’s a career. Once you join our team we want you to stay so we have training, processes and pathways in to support you to progress through the organisation.
No industry experience is necessary however, a positive outlook and the desire to make a difference in the lives of regional Queenslanders is a must.
To be successful you must:
- have a positive attitude
- positive consumer focus and dedication to the team
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- demonstrate computer literacy and accuracy in record management
- experience working in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional manner
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain and exercise strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience in rostering and/or similar knowledge of established work practices and procedures (highly desirable)
- Strong computer literacy skills with intermediate to advanced IT software skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- exhibit an ability to problem solve
- be able to follow policies and procedures at all times
- be able to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
You will also need:
- a current minimum P1 "C" class Queensland drivers licence
- a currently registered, roadworthy, and fully comprehensive vehicle
- a Positive Notice Working with Children (blue card) (or the ability to obtain prior to commencement)
- a current yellow card exemption or an NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or the ability to obtain prior to commencement)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module 'Quality, Safety & You' completion certificate (visit https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au to access this free module). at completion of the course, you will be provided with a certificate of completion which you can forward to firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed]
About the offer
We offer a range of benefits including:
- up to $15,900 FBT salary packaging benefits
- 50% discounted training via our RTO
- flexible working arrangements
- Career pathways and opportunities for development
- Employee Assistance Program offering confidential counselling support for employees
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and why you are the best person for this role.
If you would like more information please contact selectability's HR team on 07 4724 6800 or email@example.com [link removed]