Library Officer - First Five Forever Program
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent part time Library Officer - First Five Forever Program to contribute to Council’s success. This is a part time role working 60 hours a fortnight. Hours for this role are Tuesday to Friday 9am-5pm with a 30 minute lunch break.
- Permanent Part Time
- Tuesday to Friday
- Located in Gladstone
Do you have a passion for raising awareness of First 5 Forever among parents and caregivers in Queensland and interested in encouraging them to participate in our programs? Then this role is for you!
As a Library Officer - First Five Forever Program your role will include:
- Assisting the Librarian Youth Collections and Programs to develop, deliver and promote the First Five Forever Family Literacy Initiative (First 5 Forever),
- Facilitate the First Five Forever Program at the following locations - Boyne Island, Calliope, Miriam Vale, Agnes Water and Mt Larcom
- The First Five Forever programs include Baby Time, Toddler Time, Story Time and Play Time and other children’s programming.
- The role will consist of travelling in the mornings to GRC program locations to facilitate the programs and in the afternoons completing the administrative side of the project such as program writing, chasing quotes, liaising with other program facilitators and arranging merchandise.
- Assisting with school holiday programs throughout the region where required.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to assist in the development, delivery and promotion of the First Five Forever Family Literacy Initiative (First 5 Forever), within the Gladstone Regional Council area in accordance with the objectives of the Library Service and framework of the State Library of Queensland (SLQ) First Five Forever Service Level Agreement.
You will bring
- A passion for children, literacy and early childhood development.
- An interest in providing a fun and dynamic play experience for children and their parents/guardians.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills including proven ability to interact and network positively and effectively with children 0 – 5 years, caregivers, groups and professionals from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Demonstrated relevant experience, knowledge and skills working in a similar work environment or in a customer service role.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Sound communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
- Must be eligible and willing to obtain on appointment, a positive notice Working with Children Blue Card.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Friday 2 December 2022