Innovative and professional Legal Service with a well-established state-wide team of 250, seeks an ?All Jurisdictions? Legal Practitioner with a keen interest in social justice.
- Advocacy opportunity in Civil and Family Law matters, plus some Criminal Law courtwork (e.g. D.V, Children?s Court, Duty Lawyer, etc.);
- Manage your own workflows without billable hours;
- Enjoy flexible working hours, a family-friendly work environment, generous packaging with salary sacrificing only available to public beneficiary organisations like us; add super and extra benefits;
- Take advantage of our free CPD facilities and new Workforce Development Strategy, much of which is self-paced;
- Develop hearings capacity and build an interest in casework on unusual matters including Child Protection.
- Must be admitted as a Legal Practitioner within the State of Queensland or holder of (or be eligible for immediate acquisition of) a current Practising Certificate and be admitted as a Legal Practitioner or Barrister of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the Australian High Court;
- Demonstrate a high level of professional service in all aspects of Civil, Family and Criminal Law ? within both adult and youth jurisdictions; and in the Domestic Violence jurisdiction;
- Hold a current Driver Licence and be willing to drive for work (essential);
- Have ideally a minimum of two years' full-time post-admission experience, resilience for a range of complex work and ability to develop culturally sensitive service skills.
We have seven Selection Criteria in our Position Description (PD) for this role and wish you every success in this fast-paced recruitment. Salary scope is indicative only and is subject to negotiation.