Kelly Legal is a medium sized legal practice which strives to build and maintain strong relationships of trust with our clients by offering progressive and accessible legal advice, representation and solutions within a working environment that is open, friendly and encourages our employees to work collaboratively within a hard-working team.
We are seeking a legal assistant to join our dedicated Family Law team in our Mackay office, flexible working arrangements available, with the following qualities:
- highly motivated
- strong work ethic
- ability to work autonomously
- ability to manage multiple tasks
- positive attitude
- works well under pressure
- team player
Your duties will include:
- liaising with clients, internal staff and other legal professionals including face to face communication and by telephone and email;
- typing from dictation;
- drafting legal and court documents and correspondence;
- making and managing client appointments and general diary management;
- filing and file maintenance, including email filing and electronic file management;
- maintaining records of time, disbursements, fees, trust account transactions and billing; and
- other administrative tasks and providing general administrative support as required.
To be considered in this role you will:
- have prior experience in a legal environment (preferred);
- possess advanced written English language and numeracy skills;
- possess above average literacy skills with a high level of attention to detail with accurate and efficient typing, spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills;
- be proficient in MS Word;
- have a high level of organisational and time management skills with a developed ability to prioritise and be capable of meeting deadlines;
- have an eye for detail and be able to manage multiple tasks with a calm and can-do attitude;
- be able to find creative solutions to problems;
- possess the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously as the occasion may call for;
- need to work extensively with our modern practice management software, client and matter databases and other software applications;
- be able to demonstrate a committed, proactive and service orientated approach to work; and
- have past or current academic studies in relevant fields which will be highly regarded.
Applications should include a detailed covering letter and current curriculum vitae.
To submit your application or for further information about the role please email email@example.com