Learning and Development Business Partner
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a maximum term part time Learning and Development Business Partner to contribute to Council’s success. This is a maternity leave maximum term job share opportunity working 39 - 48 hours per fortnight, with a projected end date of November 2023. Days and hours are flexible for the preferred candidate.
About the Role
This position partners with Leaders and employees within Council to understand the needs of the business and provide tools that develop skills, knowledge and a healthy business culture. This role has a detailed understanding of Council’s business strategy and partners with the business to reach its objectives.
You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated experience developing effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
You proactively identify opportunities to support and build capability for continuous improvement in the business.
You work collaboratively with customers to understand their requirements and to identify and communicate successfully the most effective ways to respond to those requirements.
You have a solid understanding of organisational Culture and how to encourage positive change.
1. Relevant tertiary qualification in Business, Organisational Development, Human Resources, Training, Education or other relevant area, with and previous experience within a Learning & Development / Training role.
2. Working knowledge of the Standards for RTOs 2015, AQF and, competency-based training and assessment criteria.
3. Advanced communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including experience in reporting.
4. Proven positive track record engaging with stakeholders to set goals, optimise productivity and achieve results.
5. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and implement solutions with attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving including data analysis and literacy.
6. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
7. Strong presentation skills and previous experience with development, design and delivery of training programs.
8. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Thursday 22 September 2022.