Leading Hand Mechanic
Infrastructure Services – Roads & Drainage
Permanent / Full Time
Location - Collinsville
$70,330 per annum + allowances
The Whitsunday Regional Council is situated at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The region encompasses the 74 tropical Whitsunday Islands, the coastal towns of Cannonvale, Airlie Beach, Jubilee Pocket, Shute Harbour and Bowen along with the rural towns of Proserpine and Collinsville. The Whitsunday region offers a dynamic environment and is perfectly placed to live, work, play and invest.
An exciting opportunity exists within our organisation for a Leading Hand Mechanic. Based at Council’s Collinsville Depot, you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance of Council’s fleet and plant and supervising the performance of the Mechanical Tradesperson and Apprentice Tradesperson whilst ensuring the reliability and safe operations of Council’s workshop, plant and fleet assets.
- C Class ‘Manual’ Driver’s Licence.
- Trade qualification in Mechanical Trade (Heavy Diesel) and suitable trade experience.
- Demonstrated experience with staff supervision.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance of a diverse range of vehicles and plant.
- Fabrication/repair skills using Metal Arc welding / MIG / Oxy cutting and welding.
- Automotive air-conditioning certification.
- Ability to work independently and in a small team environment.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with experience in using the Microsoft Suite of programs.
- MR Class Driver’s Licence.
- General Construction Safety Induction (White Card).
- High Risk Work Licence – Forklift.
- Knowledge and experience in multiple mechanical trade disciplines such as hydraulics, auto-electrics etc.
- HR Class Driver’s Licence.
- Experience in operation of various plan utilised by Council.
To view the position description please click on the job attachments tab above. To apply, click the ‘Apply’ button above. For any further information regarding this role, please contact a member of our Human Resources Operations team on (07) 4761 3615 or (07) 4761 3656.
Council is committed to providing a healthy work environment for individuals working, visiting or conducting business at Council workplaces and is transitioning to a Smoke Free Workplace.
Council practices Equal Employment Opportunities and Workplace Health and Safety Principles.