GPS Protech are seeking (1) Leading Hand to join our motivated team at Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal.
Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal (DBCT), located just south of Mackay, is one of Australia's largest port facilities, exporting thermal and metallurgical coal from Central Queensland’s Bowen Basin mines to ports around the world. The terminal has a name plate capacity of 85 Mtpa.
- Attractive Hourly Rates with weekly pays
- Live on the coast, work by the sea!
- Lifestyle rosters (5,4,4,5)
- Full Time Maximum Term Positions!
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Onsite GPS Protech Support Staff - Account Manager and Admin Support
- Leading Hand to assist with the following:
- Supervisor in the execution of work activities.
- Adherence to project timelines and effective management of resources.
- Provision of reports to the Project Coordinator concerning project status and variations to the project plan.
- Monitoring of work completed to ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental standards.
- Allocation of tasks and coordination of activities to support the execution of defined project activities.
- Effective utilisation of personnel and resources to achieve project outcomes.
- Flexible roster (at short notice) during shutdown to accommodate DBCT Project requirements.
- Risk Management through the site (CDC - SHMS)
Requirements for the role:
Successful candidates will require the following experience/ qualifications:
- Candidate is desirable to have a Boilermaker or Painter/Blaster background
- Previous experience as a Leading Hand or Team Leader of smaller groups (desirable)
- Experience within a heavy industry or similar environment
- Ability to obtain a Maritime Security Identification Card (MISC)
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry Card
- Current Working at Heights Certificate
- Current QLD Drivers Licence
- Ability to work on nights, weekends, and public holidays
These roles have no accommodation supplied. Successful candidates will either need to reside in the Mackay region or obtain their own accommodation for the duration of employment.
Global Product Search (GPS) is an Australian owned company and part of the Protech group specialising in labour hire, simulator training, and recruitment services. GPS manages an extensive and geographically diverse workforce for multiple clients throughout Queensland. If you want to join a leading provider within the mining & resources sector we have the opportunities for you.
Apply through seek or email a current resume to email@example.com with the subject “DBCT –Leading Hand”.
Only applications that meet the above listed criteria will be contacted.