At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
The BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) is Australia's largest coal producer with various operational mine sites and a world class coal loading port at the Hay Point Coal Terminal, near Mackay in Central Queensland. As the world's largest seaborne coking coal supplier, and part of the BHP Group, BMA is uniquely positioned to offer experience and career development opportunities difficult to find elsewhere.
About the Role
The BMA Asset Engineering team are seeking a Lead Dams Governance & Technical Stewardship (G&TS) to lead a team of dam specialists across BMA's operations.
This role will see you travelling to various mine sites throughout the Bowen Basin region on a 5:2 roster with flexible travel arrangements in place. Applicants from Brisbane, Mackay or the Bowen Basin region will be highly regarded. We will also consider relocation for the right applicant.
The team has a diverse technical background and co-ordinates management activities for the safe design, construction, operation, surveillance, maintenance, and closure of water and tailings storage facilities across BMA's Bowen Basin operations.
Key aspects include:
- Leadership support of the Dams G&TS team based across eight different BMA sites.
- Liaise with the management teams of the BMA sites to ensure alignment of key dam safety priorities and objectives.
- Support for governance and risk management activities.
- Support for external reviews and internal audits.
- Work with the Superintendent Dams G&TS, Principles Dam other BMA and BHP stakeholders to influence long-term organisational improvements including structure, roles, and responsibilities related to dam safety.
- A proven commitment to safety, reflected in consistently safe work practices.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Geotechnical, Civil Engineering, or another engineering or science qualification combined with demonstrated experience in technical or team leadership.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels and disciplines.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into management strategies.
- Capability to transform BHP's charter values and leadership tool kit into action.
- An open Australian driving licence is required for site travel.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP's Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.