- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $62,727 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 3 + Site Allowance) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton / Gracemere
Your new role
Are you an experienced Labourer with a desire to work with multiple teams across a range of projects within the Rockhampton region? Rockhampton Regional Council is seeking a highly motivated Labourers to join their Civil Operations team.
The Civil Operations team are looking for experienced Labourers to join their Urban and Rural Operations units. You will carry out general labouring duties, including pipe laying and concreting. You will have the ability to operate and maintain small machines and hand tools. As a motivated worker, you will strive to ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard whilst adhering to workplace health and safety procedures.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Ability to contribute to and uphold Council’s Safety First culture
- Team player who can work autonomously and always acts with accountability.
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Civil construction and maintenance labouring experience
- Knowledge of the requirements and experience for small machines and hand tools.
- Must hold a "C" class drivers licence and a Construction Industry Induction (White Card)
- Certificate III in Civil Construction and/or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Traffic Management Implementation and/or ability to obtain
- First Aid Certificate and/or willingness to obtain.
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Legally able to operate and hold a "C" class drivers licence and hold a Construction Industry Induction (White Card)
- Labouring experience in a civil construction and maintenance environment; including experience in concreting, pipe laying and rural road maintenance
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within diverse teams
- Safety focussed and the ability to identify hazards and risks on the worksite
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.