Labourer – 10296
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a Maximum Term Full Time Labourer to contribute to Council’s success. This position is a full-time maximum term role with a projected end date of Friday 6 January 2023.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to efficiently carry out construction and maintenance tasks of civil infrastructure and undertake a wide range of maintenance, repair and improvement activities within the Gladstone region.
1. Labouring skills to perform physical tasks on a daily basis.
2. Communication skills to liaise with employees and customers and to follow instructions.
3. Basic literacy skills to complete required paperwork.
4. Experience and competency operating under a current Medium Rigid (MR) licence.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Wednesday 22 June 2022.