We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 98,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
SGS is currently looking for a casual laboratory technician including relief cover for annual leave.
The position will be responsible for, however not limited to:
- Laboratory operations and field sampling on the Curtis Is facility.
- Testing of cargo for assay of LNG and reporting to market requirements.
- Instigate, direct and control off-site chemical analysis for environmental, in-process hydrocarbon and LNG product testing
- Provide sample containers, collection, freight and analysis in a cost effective, timely, accurate and safe manner for off-site analysis.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an oil and gas industry laboratory with particular experience in sampling and analytical testing of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons or similar
- Experience in the operation, optimisation and basic maintenance of analytical instruments, particularly gas chromatography, UV/Vis photometry instruments
- Experience and hazard awareness associated with operating live gas plant sampling stations
- Experience with NATA/ISO 17025 accreditation and the requirements for a chemical testing laboratory
- Experience in the use of a LIMS
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, Global company. Here are some of the benefits to working for SGS.
• As a company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work
• Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business
• Paid parental leave
• Paid time for volunteering day and blood donations
• Corporate health & wellbeing offers
• Ongoing learning & development
• Career development opportunities (Nationally and Globally)
• SGS Rewards: Our employee benefits platform with access to retail and online discounts and cashback
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce, we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative, and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.