At Seven, we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us.
Seven is Australia’s #1 television network and home to iconic news, sports and entertainment brands, plus Australia’s #1 BVOD service, 7plus.
Our company values of Be Brave, Better Together and Make It Happen put our people first and celebrate diversity, innovation and making a difference to the lives of millions of Australians.
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for a Journalist to join the Rockhampton Newsroom.
Based in Rockhampton and reporting to the Supervising Producer, you will be responsible for gathering, editing and presenting information in a composed, accurate and engaging manner.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with key people and organisations;
- Breaking news stories and creating engaging content;
- Contributing to news planning meetings and liaising with the News Director regarding story development;
- Representing the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
We are looking for someone who has:
- at least two years’ experience in television news reporting.
- An energetic, self-starter attitude
- Proven editorial skills.
- A solid understanding of media law and ethics
- A sense of urgency and focus on deadlines
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, the media company of the future, powered by audience, content and technology. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
Visit our LinkedIn Life page to find out more about Seven
The Seven Network is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: The Seven Network does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.