Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight our Facilities and Asset Services division works closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets and facilities.
We are seeking an experienced Industrial Painter Blaster to join Downer’s team in Gladstone, QLD. This is a workshop-based role, with some site work required. General duties include, but are not limited to, blasting and painting Cyanide transport sparges, pipe spools, handrail assemblies and pressure vessels.
- Trade qualified – hold a Cert III in Surface Finishing, Industrial Painting and Blasting, Panel Beating / Spray Painting or equivalent
- Have proven industrial blasting experience
- Strong safety awareness, with an ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Full working rights in Australia and an Industry White Card
- Must be able to obtain a QLD Explosives Security Clearance
WHAT WE OFFER
- Casual role in industrial maintenance works
- Immediate start for the right candidate
- 48hr working week, Monday – Friday
- Great opportunity for a Gladstone local
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
All offers of employment are subject to satisfying the project minimum requirements, a pre-employment medical and evidence of your right to work in Australia.
PLEASE NOTE – We do not accept applications via email, please submit your online application via the advertisement. For technical queries, please contact Recruitment Business Partner Auri.Niinioja@downergroup.com [link removed]
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.