About the Position:
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities.
An opportunity exists for an ICT Officer in Training to join our Information Solutions department based within the Isaac Region.
This position will allow you to learn as much as you can, enabling you to gain a vast range of IT skills whilst completing a Nationally Recognised Qualification (a Certificate III in the Information Technology sector). We will support you to learn, provide practical guidance and supervision, and meet course costs associated with obtaining your qualification. Upon successful completion of your qualification, you will then transition into a permanent full time ICT Officer *conditions apply*.
Reporting to the Senior ICT Officer this position is responsible for providing technology support including computers, phones and network issues for internal staff across Isaac Regional Council.
To succeed in this role you will have:
For this position we offer:
- A genuine interest in information technology is essential.
- Basic numeracy, keyboard, telephone technique, written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of basic computing concepts.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and reliability.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Suite of products would be an advantage.
What it’s like to Work with Us:
- Salary $62,880.32 - $75,218.97 per annum (Level 2- Level 4, Stream A) + Locality Allowance.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification (Certificate III in the Information Technology sector).
- Nominally 72.5 hours per fortnight.
- Fortnightly RDO in accordance with Council's Certified Agreement.
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading pro rata.
- Up to 12.5% super in accordance with Council's Certified Agreement.
- Active Social Club.
- Development Opportunities to support career growth.
The Isaac Region offers residents the ultimate in both ‘tree’ and ‘sea’-change lifestyles. The region’s towns are vibrant, friendly country communities boasting modern and convenient services with plenty to see and do. Families value the region as a great place to raise children in a safe and secure environment; one that the people from all generations flock to. It is this connectivity and community spirit which continues to contribute to the region’s quality of life.
As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued and accommodated.
How to Apply:
To apply, please click ‘Apply Here’ and follow the steps to submit your resume and cover letter.
When preparing your application, please include:
- What makes you the ideal candidate (what can you bring to this role)
- Why you believe you could fulfil this role (motivation/goals/experience).
Position Description: For a copy of the position description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser: https://www.isaac.qld.gov.au/downloads/file/5244/position-description-ict-officer-in-training-44103-
For more details on this position please contact Thomas Ross, Senior ICT Officer during business hours: (07) 4846 3523
| Mobile: 0407 470 783
| email Thomas.Ross@isaac.qld.gov.au
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Close of Business Thursday 14 July 2022
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.