Rayment Excavations is a family-owned and operated company that provides civil construction services to both commercial and domestic markets within the Gladstone region. The company was founded in 1981 and operates a sizeable earthmoving, transport and distribution fleet that consists of excavators, loaders, backhoes, bobcats, track cats, rollers, graders, dozers, tippers, water trucks, dump trucks, tracked trucks, prime movers, trailers, and low-loaders.
We are seeking experienced hydro excavation / Vacuum Truck Operators / HR Drivers required to start ASAP within the Gladstone region. The position will start off as a casual position with the opportunity to develop to full time after a probationary period for the right applicant, hourly rate will be dependent on skills and experience.
To keep up with the demand we are looking for experienced Vacuum Truck Operators to work on civil construction site in and around the Gladstone Region. This role will suit someone energetic and diligent looking for long term employment. Regular weekend and night work will likely be required.
- Drive and operate hydro excavation unit / drain cleaning combo
- Not afraid of hard physical work - in hot & muddy outdoor conditions
- Safety conscious, proactive work ethic and attitude to daily tasks
- Ensure all duties are performed in a safe and secured manner
- Comply with established safety and security standards by wearing appropriate personal protective equipment for tasks as directed
- Complete all documents related with equipment operation
- Demonstrate good housekeeping practices
- Apply best practice standards in all areas of HS&E, quality procedures, standard operating procedures & job safety analysis systems
- Regular weekend and night work will likely be required.
Skills, knowledge and attributes
- Minimum HR licence (unrestricted highly regarded)
- Valid White/blue Cards
- Vac Truck experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within the construction industry
- Ability to think on your feet, step up when required and be a team player
- High focus on safety, with a sense of pride for your equipment
- Willing and able to work weekends, night shifts and overtime when required
- SARC and RIW/RSW (rail safety worker) qualification, preferred but not essential;
- The ability to pass a medical and D&A (if required)
- The ability to get to and from work with own vehicle
- Other plant tickets would be desirable
- Good knowledge of heavy vehicle and plant and machinery operations
- Demonstrated ability to inspect and report any issues regarding heavy vehicles and plant and machinery
- Must be established with own accommodation within the Gladstone region
- Be attentive to detail with a high standard of workmanship whilst continuing to meet planned and urgent deadlines
- Be a self-motivated problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work safely, autonomously and contribute well within a team environment
- Be attentive to detail with a high standard of workmanship;
- Ability to manage time on the job to meet planned and urgent deadlines;
- Ability to follow work instructions.
- Physically fit and able to pass a medical;
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Please send your application via email to email@example.com or
Click the "Apply for this job now" button and submit your Resume today.