For over 50 years Ampcontrol has achieved and celebrated a growing workforce across the world. Amongst the technological firsts, awards, impressive growth and global reach, Ampcontrol is a company founded on simple, yet rock solid foundations. A philosophy of anything is possible has meant our customer driven technology solutions are redefining industry expectations. Our pioneering integrated electrical solutions and technology makes a meaningful improvement to people's lives across the globe……in short, our people do some seriously cool stuff to energise our world!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As part of Ampcontrol’s continued growth, we are seeking a self-motivated and hands-on HV Field Service Technicians to join our NEW GLADSTONE OPERATION. You will play a pivotal role in High Voltage statutory testing and commissioning and repairs of electrical installations and mining systems as part of a professional and positive team.
You will be an integral customer interface and driving force in the provision of varied electrical services and projects in the QLD region. You must have experience in High Voltage testing and commissioning.
Our service team boasts market competitive rates, flexible lifestyle rosters, overtime, and fitness subsidies as some of the perks. We also offer educational assistance programs that support your continued development. If you have higher learning aspirations but need to earn a wage as well, Ampcontrol has a program to support you.
We will also offer relocation costs for the right candidate.
This role is not FIFO and is a full-time position based in Gladstone. You must reside in Gladstone, or be willing to relocate to Gladstone to be successful for this role.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Your natural inclination to perform work to a high standard, and willingness to work cohesively with your peers will be complemented by the following:
- A committed attitude to Safety; Safety is at the heart of our business and an Essential Core Value
- A Commitment to providing Exceptional Client and Customer Service
- The Ability to Travel for Work where required.
- Experience testing High Voltage Plant (Transformers, Motors, Switchboards etc.)
- Experience with various Relay Software (Enervista, Easergy studio, AcSELerator QuickSet etc.)
- Experience Testing Advanced Protection for Generators, Differential Schemes,
- Ability to Read, Interpret and Fault Find Electrical Drawings (schematics, SLDs etc.)
- Service Experience in the Electrical Trades/Technical Roles
- Experience with High Voltage Switchyard and Substation Testing.
- A strong understanding of the Mining, Utility Networks & Industrial sectors
- Current Driver's license
- Unrestricted Electrical Licence is highly desirable
- Experience with HV Switching
- Omicron Test equipment experience
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Electrical Trade Qualifications or Electrical Engineering Degree
- HV Switching Ticket – desirable
If you’re looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced business that celebrates creativity, problem solving and challenging the status quo, you’ll be a terrific fit at Ampcontrol.
**Due to current immigration restrictions and urgency to be filled, this position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only. It is a requirement that you are currently located in Australia.