At South Walker Creek, HSE operates seven large pre-strip fleets on a seven day continuous roster. HSE are seeking to appoint experienced and qualified HV Electricians to play a key role in maintaining the site’s mobile equipment fleet through preventative maintenance, breakdown repair and schedule component replacement.
Permanent positions on offer working a 7/7 roster based at South Walker Creek Mine located 1.5 hours from Mackay. Are you tired of moving around central Queensland from job to job, camp to camp, undertaking induction after induction as a sub-contractor tradesman? Would you rather move site and work in a permanent role? It doesn’t get any better than South Walker Creek – so if you are looking to put your feet down in a permanent role, on a high quality project, closer to your home in Mackay, apply here.
Payrates $71 per hour (plus super)
About the role
Role on offer will involve delivering high work standards across a busy workshop and will require:
- Perform servicing and maintenance works to HSE’s plant and machinery including excavators, dozers, dump trucks, pumps and lights without supervision
- Regularly communicate with production staff regarding timelines for repairs and service
- Assist production to reach targets by undertaking all allocated tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify possible opportunities that will improve the maintenance function and report to supervisor
- Mentor and provide leadership and coaching to less experienced members of the maintenance team to achieve desired outcomes as directed by the Crew Coordinator
- Ensure pre-start checks are completed prior to any operation of plant and equipment, including after crib breaks and directed stoppages by the Crew Coordinator.
Our Ideal Candidates:
The ideal candidates will strive for excellence in your field of expertise and have a passion for what you do, as well as a strong commitment to safety whereby you consistently lead by example. In addition to your passion and experience you will hold the following qualifications:
- Certified Tradesperson with at least 5 years post trade experience in earthmoving and mining
- Current open driver’s license
- Generic Surface Induction
- Applicable RII Competencies
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Highly skilled in the servicing and maintenance of mining plant and equipment.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in hazard identification and responsive to safety issues
Benefits & Working conditions:
- Permanent position with HSE
- 7 on 7 off roster, 12.5 hours
- Site Accommodation and meals provided
- BIBO or DIDO available from Mackay
- Salary Sacrifice option available for cost of flights connection with BIBO services
We’re proud of our ‘Zero Harm’ initiative and provide extensive on the job training to ensure you get home safely at the end of every day.
Come join the HSE team today!