WORK WITH A TEAM OF THE BEST
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Curragh North is our leading open-cut coal mining project within the Southern Bowen Basin, with a long term contract in place.
As our next High Voltage Electrician, reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
In this position you will:
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large-scale mobile mining equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess maintenance systems documentation
- Work safely and comply with the Site Safety Health and Management System.
- Completing General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Services and Component Change outs and Periodical Statutory Electrical Testing/ Inspections to a high regard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer-based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspections to maximise equipment utilization
Buses to the camp accommodation are provided from Mackay and Rockhampton.
To be considered for these opportunities you are required to have:
- Queensland Electrical Fitter Mechanic Trade Certificate
- Sound knowledge of AS/NZS 3000 & 3007
- Experienced in high voltage equipment maintenance
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining industry with diesel electric haul trucks, preferably Liebherr, Komatsu, Hitachi or Cat
- Experience conducting statutory testing on electrical infrastructure.
- Experience with Electric Rope Shovels or Draglines.
- Statement of Attainment for HV Switching
- Registered Cabler would be an advantage
WHAT THIESS CAN DO FOR YOU
- Attractive payrate of $71 per hr
- Permanent full-time positions
- Even time, lifestyle rosters
- Full camp facilities provided
- Living out of camp allowance, if applicable
- Production bonuses
- Thiess’ commitment to training & developing
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
Register Your Interest Today
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.