Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
As the Human Resources Advisor, reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will partner with key stakeholders and managers to deliver generalist HR advice, support and services to the Lake Vermont project. The Lake Vermont Project is situated outside of Dysart, in Central Queensland. This project is one of Thiess’ largest and longest running projects.
About The Role
The primary functions of this role will see you:
- This role is suited to someone who enjoys a varied workday, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is looking for a rewarding and engaging role within a supportive team.
- Provide advice, training, coaching and support to site operational teams in relation to the entire employee lifecycle including remuneration, employee engagement, policies, procedures, learning and development, employee relations and performance management.
- Provide expertise regarding conflict resolution, disciplinary procedures, disputes and investigations
- Support the wider Queensland HR team in the delivery of all aspects of HR and IR activities for the Project
- Support in the development, implementation and maintenance of effective people strategies and initiatives
- Support and collaborate community, diversity and inclusion initiatives for the Project
- Work closely with and provide support to the Human Resources Manager as required
- Promote a values-based approach to HR at the Project.
We are ideally seeking candidates with the following:
- Tertiary Qualification in Human Resources or a related field
- Human resources experience in a mining or heavy industry environment
- Strong computer skills including an advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office package
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong professional relationships quickly, and use influence positively
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and grow as a HR professional
What Thiess can do for you
- 9-day fortnight roster (5/2/4/3)
- Site Allowance
- Paid weekly flights to / from Brisbane to Moranbah
- Eligible for Annual Remuneration Review and Discretionary Bonus'
- Full camp accommodation or local living allowance provided
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options – Novated leasing and superannuation
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.