- Mon to Fri Roster @ start up with a view to 9-Day Fortnights
- Secure work up to 4 years +
- Permanent full-time employment
- Whole of Mine contractor operation project
- Accommodation and meals provided in Blackwater
- Based at Cook Colliery
About the opportunity:
What an exciting time to join Mastermyne as we start building an operations team for our second Whole of Mine contract at Cook Colliery mine. With our “early works” contract fully executed we are now looking to commence mobilising key staff and underground personnel to carry out initial pre-development works on site in the next month with the view to securing permanent long-term employment.
Work is now underway to review the Safety Health Management System, preparing Mastermyne to be appointed the Mine Operator in the coming months. Joining us now could secure your role within a champion team that looks after its mates, takes pride in its work and is a place where you feel safe, heard, recognised and make a difference.
About the role:
Setting our operations up with strong leadership from contract inception is critical to our business. Our leaders are hands-on with sharp operational acumen that complement their strategic thinking and belief that our people are the foundation of our success. Walking the talk and visibly demonstrating the behaviours that reflect our culture - the Mastermyne Way - will be key to your success in this role.
This role has a reporting line to the SSE as part of the contractor operation and the GM HSEQ for corporate requirements
Minimum skills, attributes and requirements we seek for HSECT Superintendent:
- Lead the team to review, update and implement the site SHMS to bring the mine out of Care and Maintenance to production, ensuring legislative compliance;
- Ability to implement and review the operation Risk Register and Safety and Health Management System (SHMS);
- Drive the development and implementation of proactive frontline HSEQ strategies and initiatives in consultation with site management representatives;
- Analyse HSEQ performance and develop HSEQ culture by developing frontline leaders in HSEQ leadership and the ownership of HSEQ responsibilities across the operation;
- Coordinate the site HSEQ / Training team activities to ensure the team remains on task, compliant with legislation, and Mastermyne HSEQ requirements;
- Diploma of Health and Safety;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator;
- The ability to utilise investigative and audit tools and processes (ICAM, Bowtie);
- Underground coal mining experience;
- An in-depth understanding of Coal legislation and standards;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Mastermyne “Extras”:
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for university study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- Diploma Project Management
- Brain Science Leadership Program
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Dad’s new arrival leave can help parents support their family;
- Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone awards;
- Hospital Help, $250 contributed toward your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties;
- Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350);
- Salary Packaging;
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family;
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
We have a strong philosophy of growing our own at Mastermyne. No matter your role we support our people to ignite their own learning journeys. It’s part of how we do business and is one of the reasons why people stick with us. We’ve proven that the Mastermyne Way goes a long way. It shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours and we seek out people to join our growing family that share these same values to keep pushing our business forward.
If you want to be part of Mastermyne’s Cook Whole of Mine contract contact our Recruitment Team on 07 4963 0400.
Applications Close: 5 pm Friday 24 September 2021