Qube Bulk provides complete mine to market and mine resupply solutions offering mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. We handle more than 85 million tonnes per annum of various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods. We also deliver a range of tanker services from pneumatic operations for cement and lime through to bulk liquid tankers for fuel and sulphuric acid.
We operate from capital cities to regional towns and into some of the most remote places in Australia. We ensure our operations are strategically located with access to infrastructure, to ensure a cost-efficient and consistent operation for our customers.
We are looking for an hands on, enthusiastic and results driven HSE Advisor to join our well established operation and team based in QLD The primary purpose will see the site dedicated HSE Advisor to provide HSE leadership on safety culture, compliance and standards across all site operations.
The ideal candidate we are looking for must has a strong and thorough understanding of the QLD Mining Industry regulations and be ready to hit the ground running in a hands on, team orientated HSE Advisor role.
The primary purpose of the HSE Advisors role is to provide support, education and advice to site and
State Managers. HSE Management is one of the key deliverables for the business and to
demonstrate to state legislative bodies that they have safety management processes developed and
have sufficient rigour to control the business risks and meet the standards established by the states
Acts and Regulations.
- Conduct a comprehensive risk assessment of the scope of operations, including mining operations, working environment, current work practices and procedures..
- Assist site personnel in the development of site and task specific risk assessments, operational procedures and work instruction and conduct ongoing reviews of the effectiveness and compliance to risk control measures.
- Lead and conduct incident investigations, including the preparation of the investigation report.
- Conduct site compliance inspections and HSE audits.
- Assist in the management of Workers Compensation claims and Rehabilitation Plans/Programs
- Provide immediate support for incident investigations, hazard management and follow-up on closeout actions
Qualifications and Experience:
· Identification and implementation of effective HSE initiatives.
· A thorough understanding of safety within heavy industry.
· Ability to undertake large scale risk assessments.
· Ability to develop tactical and strategic plans to address safety issues.
· Understanding of training principles and their application in addressing HSE issues.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· A good working knowledge of Microsoft word applications
· A minimum of 3 years in an operational environment
· Safety or related qualification from a tertiary institution
If this sounds like your next career move, apply today!
All candidates will be required to provide evidence of their current COVID-19 vaccination status prior to commencement of employment. Please consider this requirement prior to submitting your application.
At Qube we value diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. We empower our people to deliver exceptional results for our customers every day and pride ourselves in offering a safe and inclusive workplace.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits via www.qube.com.au [link removed]