Health and Safety Advisor
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people.
We are searching for an experienced Heath & Safety Advisor to join our site-based Leadership team. Covering maintenance, projects and shutdown events this position has a diverse range and coverage with exposure to all things associated with a live liquified natural gas facility. Being based on Curtis Island off the coast of Gladstone, local talent are strongly encouraged to apply!
To be considered for a role it is ESSENTIAL that you have the following skills and experience:
- Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent (minimum)
- Lead Auditor qualifications with AS4801 experience
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Qualifications and current experience in Rehabilitation and Return to Work processes
- Formal qualifications in Incident Investigation techniques (Taproot / ICAM)
- Current Drivers licence
- Experience of onshore oil and gas projects or high-risk work environments
- Experience and working knowledge of maintenance methodology, materials, tooling and equipment used in the oil and gas industry or other heavy industrial industry
- Strong working knowledge of high risk licence activities and associated hazards
Preferred skills and experience:
- Demonstrated leadership & collaboration skills
- Advanced interpersonal & communication skills
- Team player with high attention to detail
- RIIWHS204D Safe working at heights certification
- RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in a confined space certification
- Sound MS suite software knowledge
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of the role are to work with UGL & our clients’ safety team as the HSE Advisor for Maintenance, Projects, Shutdowns and Facilities Management. This will require the successful applicant to work with an integrated team with our client as well as independently focussed on UGL activities also.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. By joining UGL, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leader, gain invaluable experience and have the support to strive for more in your career.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply now via the button below.
Ref ID: 256013