We are looking for an experienced leader in safety. Someone who can implement, support and drive all risk and safety operations across our Gladstone projects.
In this role, you will work closely with site personnel, management and other key stakeholders ensuring the safe delivery of the contract. The role has responsibility for all safety considerations onsite, ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with various professionals.
- Ensure employees are undertaking safety related activities as per requirements
- Conduct routine safety inspections, monitoring and analysis of work areas in conjunction with operational personnel.
- Analyse site safety concerns and problems and recommend solutions to key personnel.
- Provide advice and support to site after an incident
- Lead and run investigations of site incidents from end to end (using the SRG Global investigative process.)
- Maintain knowledge of all Industry applicable rules and regulations including government regulations, standards and policies.
- Collaboration with Management in the development of project risk assessments.
- Provide guidance and support to site personnel as required for the development and review of team-based risk assessments
- Use the SRG Global event management system to monitor events, provide guidance and support to Projects within area of responsibility
- Assist with identifying, developing, conducting and improving health and safety training and orientation programs to educate project employees on health, safety and quality risks within the business.
- Report activities weekly (or as required) to the HSE Business Partner
- Attend and contribute to the scheduled Safety meetings within the group
- Assist project personnel with Injury Management and RTW in consultation with the Group Workers Compensation Case Manager
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience with Scaffolding and Rope Access Disciplines (desired).
- Experience in Industrial, Refractory and Alumina Refineries or similar high-risk environments (desired).
- Strong computer software skills including MS Office and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- High attention to detail and data processing accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a diverse range of tasks.
- Flexible approach to work.
Academic / Education /Licenses
- Australian Drivers licence
- Cert IV in WHS/OHS (minimum)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Internal Auditor Qualification
- Proven Experience in leading Investigation Training
SRG Global is a diversified industrial services company. We bring an engineering mindset to deliver critical services for major industry through our asset maintenance, mining services, engineering, and construction businesses to solve complex problems across the entire asset lifecycle.
If you have experience in this area and are willing to contribute as part of a high-performance team, this is a perfect role for you. SRG Global fully support and promote organic growth within our organisation. This is an opportunity to gain further experience and career progression.
SRG Global are dedicated to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
If you would like to join our team please click the “apply” button now.
No Agency contact please – We do not accept unsolicited Agency CV’s.
*By submitting your personal information to SRG Global you consent to such information being collected, held, used and disclosed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988