Minor Hotels is an international hotel owner, operator and investor, currently with a diverse portfolio of over 530 properties. Through our Anantara, Avani, Elewana, Oaks, NH Hotels, NH Collection, nhow and TIVOLI properties, Minor Hotels operates in 50+ countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America.
Minor Hotels AU & NZ is a proud leader in strata titled accommodation management with numerous Hotels, Resorts and Residential Apartment buildings throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We currently have an unprecedented opportunity for a professional and experienced leader to join Oaks Gladstone Grand Hotel as a General Manager. This integral position will be responsible for all aspects of managing the hotel and its venues, comprising 144 x 4.5 star apartments and suites, fully integrated Pub and Gaming room, and Conference and Events facility.
In this position, you will draw on your experience, initiative, drive and strategic approach to improve practices and ensure the hotel and venues are running at optimum efficiency.
- Managing the day-to-day profitability, presentation and operation of the entire property
- Developing and implementing strategic revenue plans for the business
- Identifying key areas for improvement across the business, developing strategic procedures for improvement
- Managing, leading and motivating staff to ensure a high preforming team culture is maintained
To be successful you will require the following experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Hospitality/ Business Management
- Extensive operational and financial management experience within a Hotel and Food & Beverage environment
- Demonstrated strategic and operational leadership experience, with the ability to drive a culture of accountability and promote staff engagement
- A proven track record of maintaining excellent product and service standards whilst maximising revenue and minimising expenses
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with guests, owners and staff
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and learning
- Ability to build, maintain and seek new opportunities / partnerships within the local market
- A positive and energetic attitude
- An infectious passion for delivering a memorable guest experience and creating loyalty of guests
Join our positive and vibrant team and be rewarded with these benefits:
- A highly competitive salary, which is negotiable based on experience
- 50% discounts on accommodation across all Minor Hotel brands in AUS and NZ
- Discount when you visit any of our restaurants, cafes, bars and wellness retreats
- Discounts on 530 Minor Hotels and F&B outlets across the globe
- 50% off The Coffee Club VIP membership
- Furniture, Australia Zoo, Medibank insurance discounts
- Promotion opportunities across Minor Hotels globally
- Career development / progression & education assistance
- Additional paid leave including Birthday, Vaccine and Study leave
- Wellbeing programs (Uprise)
- Reward & Recognition programs
Our people drive the success of our business, so we will invest in your skills to allow you to grow and progress through your career. You'll feel at home as part of a close team who thrive on delivering exceptional guest experiences and working in a company focused on ensuring the best workplace culture.
Currently, we are only accepting applications from candidates who have working rights within Australia or New Zealand.