About the role
Mater Private Hospital Mackay has been providing excellence in clinical and pastoral care to the people of Mackay and its surroundings since 1927.
Located on the northern bank of the Pioneer River since 2003, our Hospital is a modern 105-bed facility featuring five operating theatres, a fully equipped day surgery unit, and a wide range of specialist clinical services.
About the Role:
The Hospitality Services Assistant | Waste and Linen role duties include but are not limited to;
- Help the Mercy linen truck driver unload clean linen from the truck.
- Ensure all dirty linen is collected and ready for the Mercy Linen truck's arrival.
- Help the Mercy linen truck driver to load dirty linen into the truck.
- Remove soiled linen from all wards.
- Remove all general waste from all wards.
- Remove all clinical waste from all wards.
The salary range is $28.58 - $32.48 p/hour casual; additional shift penalties, allowances, and superannuation apply.
The appropriate salary will depend on the period of relevant prior experience and qualifications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly Hospitality team. The roles are fast-paced and physical and require standing for long periods.
This role is predominately Monday to Friday however, the successful applicant will need the flexibility to work weekends if required.
We are ideally looking for candidates that have:
- Previous experience in a hospital or hotel cleaning/good services role;
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to adhere to safe lifting techniques;
- Ability to recognise and prioritise tasks effectively; and
- Ability to engage with a variety of people.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, you will work with a passionate, driven team that provides high-quality patient care. Work hours are flexible to operational requirements. We are a family-friendly employer and consider our employees' needs. Additional benefits include:
- Education and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym membership
- Health fund premium discounts
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
If you have any questions about this role, please contact email@example.com, who will respond during business hours.
We are looking to fill these roles as soon as possible. Therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as suitable candidates have accepted an offer of employment.
- You will adhere to the Mater immunisation requirements, including being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing appropriate evidence as prescribed by Services Australia before commencement.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their relocation expenses.
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or have a working Visa with no limitations.
"We are an equal opportunity employer."