About the role
Mater has been supporting people's health in and around Rockhampton for more than a century. The Sisters of Mercy purchased the Mater's heritage-listed Kenmore building in 1915 and opened as the first Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Central Queensland on 14 November.
Today, the 136-bed Hospital features five operating theatres, a private emergency service and a wide range of specialised clinical services.
The Hospitality Services Assistant will contribute to the delivery of effective cleaning and hygiene services to delegated areas of the Hospital and prepare, assemble, and deliver patient meals.
Multiple permanent part-time or Causal positions are being offered subject to candidates meeting the role's criteria. Minimum contracted/working hours for permanent part-time may range from a minimum of 42 to 72 per fortnight.
Salary range is: $28.86 - $32.48 p/hour + additional shift penalties and superannuation apply
The appropriate salary will depend on the period of relevant prior experience and qualifications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly Hospitality team. The roles are fast-paced and physical and will require standing for long periods.
Candidates must be able to be flexible with work times. Day, afternoon, and night shifts feature these positions across a seven-day week.
We are ideally looking for candidates that have:
- Previous experience in a hospital or hotel cleaning/good services role;
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Knowledge of current food hygiene principles, practices, and legislation (desirable);
- Ability to recognise and prioritise tasks effectively; and
- Ability to engage with a variety of people.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, you will work with a passionate, driven team that provides high-quality patient care. Work hours are flexible to operational requirements. We are a family-friendly employer and consider the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Education and training opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice $15,900
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym membership
- Health fund premium discounts
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
If you have any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, who will respond during business hours.
We are looking to fill these roles as soon as possible. Therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as suitable candidates have accepted an offer of employment.
- You will adhere to the Mater immunisation requirements, which include being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing appropriate evidence as prescribed by Services Australia before commencement
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their relocation expenses.
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or have a working Visa with no limitations.
"We are an equal opportunity employer."