What we can offer you!
* Scheduled weekly – variety of days and times
* Professional support and management
* Providing in home care services to our Elderly Residents in the Gladstone Area
Local Management & Rostering Team
*All travel time and KM’s to and with our clients are paid
* PPT staff have access to Salary Sacrificing
* All training supplied to assist you to learn the role, including Buddy Shifts
* Supportive Environment to assist you to develop and grow your skills
* A competitive hourly rate is available (Morning and weekend shifts are a requirement of this role.)
Our Aged Care Team coordinates and provides in home care and out of home day activity services to eligible clients in the Fitzroy Region.
* provide direct care to the eligible frail aged and disabled members of the community in their own home.
* be involved with tasks such as showering, toileting, dressing and personal care as well as domestic assistance, social support, meal preparation and shopping.
* be required to perform in accordance with Client Care plans, the Community Care Common Standards and Policies and Procedures.
* Complete daily/weekly documentation. Recording all instances of planned and unplanned service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality client-focussed care in a friendly and compassionate manner
- Demonstrated skill and/or ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with our multicultural aged care and disability clientele. An understanding of the health and social issues impacting upon this community group.
- Demonstrate respect and understanding of client issues including cultural appropriateness and anti-discrimination
- Demonstrate appropriate oral and written communication skills to complete paperwork, update client notes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate time management skills - staff must have the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and work within set timeframes
- Be able to complete tasks unsupervised
- Hold a current, unrestricted ‘C’ Class Driver’s License - Essential
- Knowledge of WPH&S regulations in relation to cleaning and chemicals
- Able to use electronic data systems
- Ability to exercise at all times a ‘Duty of Care’ when working with clients.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Certificate III in Community Services, Aged Care or Disability services or commitment to obtain which will be supported by GRAICCHS
- Basic knowledge and use of information technology aids and ability to accurately input data
- Current Yellow Card, or willingness to apply for same
- Current Blue Card, or willingness to apply for same
- First Aid Certificate and CPR certifications or willingness to update or obtain the necessary certifications
- Physical ability to perform tasks as required
- Federal Police Check
- Proof of Vaccination is required for this role under COVID 19 Aged Care Guidelines.