Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining, and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a HV Electrician to join the maintenance team at our Foxleigh coal project located near Middlemount in the Bowen Basin. This is a five-year contract which encompasses the provision of mobile plant & maintenance services, including the maintenance of client owned equipment.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the position is responsible for diagnosing, repairs, servicing and testing on all elements of high voltage electrical systems on all vehicles.
Key duties/responsibilities include:
- Maximise the availability and reliability of all mobile equipment
- Carry out test and tag on all electrical equipment, office equipment, appliances, and switch boards
- Carry out maintenance infrastructure tasks as required
- Service and maintain lighting plant as required
- Fault finding
- Diagnose, test and repair electrical equipment in compliance with Australian and Queensland legislation and statutory requirements
- Report accurate information via check sheets and work order system
- Maintaining work tools and equipment
- Fit, service and repair: alternators, starter motors and air conditioning units
- Support the maintenance team to meet operational schedules and planning strategies
- Following all mine site procedures including equipment serviceability, housekeeping, and compliance; and
- A commitment to working safely, complying with all site safety standards, and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace.
To be successful in this position you must have:
- HV Electrician trade qualification
- QLD A Grade Electrical license
- Previous experience working on Mining Trucks and Ancillary Equipment
- Thorough knowledge of Australian and QLD legislation and statutory requirements regarding electrical installations
- Experience with GE software and operational systems (preferred but not essential)
- Current Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 (preferred but not essential)
- Drivers Licence (manual)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks. Additionally, you will be asked to provide proof of working rights in Australia i.e. copy of valid Australian passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current visa grant notification where applicable.
Macmahon offers its' people competitive remuneration packages, a range of company benefits and discounts, ongoing training, development, and career progression opportunities as well as ability to work in diverse roles across multiple local and international locations. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Flexible working arrangements and job-sharing opportunities may be available for suitable candidates. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.