About CS Energy:
At CS Energy we’re big enough to power change and small enough to empower you to make it happen.
Our vision is to be an Australian energy leader, renowned for our safe, reliable and affordable energy solutions. And we have a clear strategy to help us get there.
This includes continuing to deliver on our core business to generate and sell electricity; playing our part in powering Australian homes and businesses. We’re also looking to the future – diversifying our products, services, and technologies to stay competitive in an evolving market. And we’re delivering our strategy within a culture that puts safety first.
As we transform our business, we are empowering our people to explore new ways of thinking and working. It’s an exciting time to join an organisation that truly values unique perspectives.
As the Health and Safety Specialist you will be responsible for promoting a culture of safety excellence and wellbeing at Callide Power Station. You will drive and support the implementation of the CS Energy and Callide Power Station Safety and Health Strategies in accordance with CS Energy’s frameworks and Queensland legislation.
Reporting to the site the site Health & Safety Specialist, you will be a key person in the Health and Safety team to support culture transformation at Callide Power Station through to world class safety performance.
Our preferred candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Mandatory minimum qualification Cert IV Health & Safety
- Experience in a similar role (3+ Years) with a safety focus
- Excellent understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislative requirements, standards and practices.
- Experience in working within a power station environment or similar would be an advantageous
- Experience in achieving outcomes in a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Previous experience in developing and implementing effective change management strategies and risk management
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Highly developed relationship and rapport building skills
- Ability to take proactive action to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of organisational safety and risk management processes and execution of those processes
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current training in alcohol and other drug testing (desirable)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing (desirable)
- Current Senior First Aid Officer certificate (desirable).
This is your chance to influence CS Energy’s future success. You will enjoy the support of a committed and engaged leadership team who share a genuine ambition to transform CS Energy’s business.
Energy is changing, and so are we. If you’re ready to be a part of it, apply now!