Even Better Living
For a glimpse of the fantastic lifestyle and even better living you can enjoy here in the Central Queensland region, watch our short 90 second video featuring Gorden Tallis.
Watch Video Now
- Immediate Start
- Competitive salary
- 9 day fortnight and flexible working
About the Company
Our client is a highly reputable, growing company with a proud heritage and commitment to service excellence, attention-to-detail and tailored solutions for their customers.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and suitably qualified Health, Safety and Compliance Officer to join their team as soon as possible.
About the Role
An excellent opportunity for you to join our company in the position of Health, Safety & Compliance Officer for those currently residing in the Gladstone Region. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will provide administrative support to ensure operational readiness and general safety functions across this exciting, growing business.
Health & Safety Officer
- Maintain and continuously work towards improving workplace health and safety systems and performance including:
- incident and risk management
- health and wellbeing
- injury management
- Identify work site hazards and risks, including any changes to processes, equipment etc
- Liaise with management to develop operating procedures
- Provide reports for Monthly KPI's
- Incident and risk management
- Supporting implementation of all site training schedules
- Assist the end-to-end process for safety incidents on site
- Manage, develop, and oversee injury management programs to reduce claims
- Manage and oversee all Return-to-Work functions
- Maintaining all fixed and mobile emergency response and first aid facilities and equipment and ensuring the ongoing availability of adequate levels of medical consumables
- Maintain accurate equipment and team member registers
- Assist Project Managers in the roll out of safety toolbox talks as required
- Ensuring safe work practices are carried out in line with the relevant Code if Practice and Regulations as well as individual site standards
- Liaising with site contract management teams to ensure all CMS data is correct and up to date
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within the construction industry
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent Tertiary Qualifications (Preferred)
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, and strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of applicable Legislation, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards
- Ability to develop a good rapport with all staff, contractors, and external stakeholders
- A working knowledge and understanding of relevant Environmental and Safety legislation
- Experience in the development and implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and programs (preferred)
- SAP and Ariba software experience or familiarity (preferred)
To register your interest click the “Apply for this job now” button, without delay.
To discuss this opportunity, or if you have questions, contact Tim O’Brien for a confidential discussion on 0473 570023 or email@example.com