Platinum Blasting Services is an established company, providing a full range of products and services throughout Queensland, NSW and WA. We offer an alternative to the major providers for customers and employees looking for flexibility, innovation, differentiation and opportunity.
Operational demands have created a new opportunity for a Rockhampton based, Health Safety and Training Superintendent, working on a 8/6 roster throughout the Bowen Basin.
Reporting to the General Manager HSTEQ, you will provide operational support on site by:
- Working in partnership with regional and site Supervisors / Management to implement health, safety, environment, training, compliance and quality activities.
- Lead incident investigations and the communication of findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Support management in their accountability for managing HSE risk
- Supported by our Training and Development Manager, assist in the design, delivery and assessment of operational training and provide key technical training advice to employees on site
- Assist in the development and maintenance of medical management plans and co-ordinate and manage WorkCover and rehabilitation programs
- Facilitate the implementation of processes to drive positive safety behaviours across all levels of the organisation
- Advise and assist management to ensure all work processes are consistent with company and client requirements, objectives and relevant legislation
- Continuous improvement of information, services and reporting systems
Qualifications and Experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS or related discipline
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Experience as a Trainer Assessor in an open cut environment with operational experience in RII training packages (Support Shotfiring, Conduct Mobile Mixing of Explosives, Heavy Rigid Vehicle, Conduct Wheel Loader Operations)
- A current High Risk work licence (Forklift (LF)
- A Heavy Rigid (HR) licence
- Explosives Drivers Licence (EDL) advantageous
- Shotfiring Licence (advantageous)
- QLD Mine Supervisor Qualifications – S1, S2, S3
- G2 Carry out the Risk Management Process
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Workplace Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator qualification
- Minimum two years’ experience in an operational role in an open cut mining explosives environment
Platinum Blasting Services offer a dynamic workplace, the autonomy to take ownership of your role and a positive friendly team environment where our Safety team are well supported and respected.
As part of our commitment to safety, all candidates are required to complete a pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screening and a National Police Check.