Mercy Community, a progressive Not-For-Profit offering diverse services, is seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to join our team to ensure we can provide advice and support to our organisation on all Health and Safety strategies, initiatives, and activities. Reporting to our Work, Health & Safety Manager based in Brisbane, this role will be instrumental in delivering contemporary workplace health and safety advice and coaching in addition to supporting employees with injury management functions, both work and non-work related.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the Mercy Community Health and Safety Management System is fully implemented and is operating effectively in our Central Queensland region. You will work with employees and subcontractors ensuring safety legislative and regulatory requirements are being met.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with the WHS Manager to produce monthly and quarterly WHS reports.
- Analysing and reviewing relevant metrics and individual significant events to identify risk.
- Investigating worker and visitor incidents or near-misses and identify hazards and working with Operational management to introduce preventative actions.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and relevant audit plans and initiatives that meet legislative requirements and support strategic and/or operational plans.
- Introducing preventative measures to minimise the risk to health and safety in the workplace.
- Promoting awareness and the importance of workplace health and safety through shared initiatives.
- Participating in committees and forums to report on workplace health and safety matters.
- Analysing occurrences and/or patterns of employee work-related injuries to determine if workplace modifications can be made.
- Coordinating the development, implementation and ongoing review of organisational Work Health and Safety (WHS) systems.
- Modelling the required behaviours, culture, environment, system, and processes necessary to embed standards, behaviours, and practices consistent with our values, policies, and legislative requirements.
- Driving continuous improvement in risk and safety management systems striving for effectiveness and simplicity.
To be successful in the role you will have a minimum Certificate IV qualification in Work Health and Safety, and previous experience in a similar role. You will have a demonstrated knowledge of legislation and standards relating to workplace health and safety. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about health and safety, understands risk management principles, and has excellent communication skills to be able to respond to the needs and expectations of stakeholders. Solid I.T. and systems skills will be highly advantageous.
We’ll Offer You….
- A generous salary plus super and salary sacrifice benefit
- A challenging, rewarding role with flexible work arrangements
- Professional development opportunities in a supportive environment
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
Mercy Community is a Catholic not-for-profit, compassionately inspiring and supporting people to live hopeful, connected lives within inclusive communities. We support families and young people, people living with a disability, and older people, and live by our values of Compassion, Integrity, Dignity and Empowerment.
We have been providing services and support for over 150 years and our team operates across a network that encompasses urban, rural and remote communities. Please visit our website to find out more about our dedicated team and the work we do.
If this sounds like the role for you, please Apply Now by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Please Apply Immediately - Interviews will commence on receipt of applications.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
Mercy is committed to Safeguarding - taking actions to promote and ensure the welfare of children and adults at risk, protect them from abuse or neglect and supporting an awareness of whole community responsibility to help and protect all in need.