Randstads Client is a market leading Tier 2 Civil engineering contractor specialising in the Road Infrastructure Sector. Delivering major multi million dollar projects within regional Queensland with an extensive pipeline of projects for years to come.
Due to continued growth and a successful project win in they are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor working on a 10:4 roster FIFO from Brisbane / Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast to Rockhampton.
They are looking for their next safety advisor to join their established safety team. The successful candidate will be responsible with all aspects project safety, delivering multi million dollar civil infrastructure works. Building a safety culture with project teams and mentor site personnel providing timely and relevant advice on all safety related matters.
Our client is offering an excellent salary package with a 20% site uplift, an excellent career prospects and company .
* Company growth for the company is exceptional!!*
- Assist the Safety Manager Project Managers in the preparation, implementation and maintenance of systems, plans, procedures and strategies
- Assess risk and opportunities for improving safety management
- Conduct investigations of accidents and incidents where directed and review incident reports providing advice to Project Managers, Safety Manager and personnel in corrective actions
- Major civil mining Infrastructure projects within Highway / TMR sector
- Working with client / Client side safety representatives
- Ensuring all Safety Management Systems are adhered to
- Site inductions / Sub Contractor Management / Tool Box Talks
- OH&S environment and Quality Experience will ensure compliance to project KPI`s
- Able to work locally but be open to regional site exposure - flexible to work away when required
- Earthworks / pavement road construction / Services / Structure packages
- Have the drive and passion to work in a team independently and build a safe work culture.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary Qualification in Health and Safety or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ Years+ Safety Advisor experience
- Have excellent understanding of Health and Safety procedures
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Safely delivered projects with previous Tier 2-3 contractors and able to work with Tier 1 Clients project systems
- Minimum 3+ x Years proven experience in OH&S Advisor position
- Able to work on a 10:4 Roster and FIFO from Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast
- Able to manage Sub Contractors and liaison with safety advisers
This is an exciting career opportunity to work with a reputable Civil Mining Infrastructure Contractor offering career exposure to Queensland`s major infrastructure projects.
Please apply directly via the advert or if you require more information email email@example.com 0403 494544- All conversations are 100% in the strictest confidence
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.