We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 97,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
Reporting to the Lead Advisor - Health and Safety, you will form part of a dynamic team based in Mackay, and be responsible for, however not limited to:
- Providing professional advice and support, and engaging, influencing and coaching the workforce to promote continual development and improvement in safety culture.
- Ensuring risk/hazard registers are maintained for all facilities
- Facilitating a consistent approach to risk management ensuring workers are trained and using risk management tools, including Take 5’s and JHA’s.
- Facilitating the reporting and recording of all incidents, hazards and near misses.
- Ensuring incident investigations are completed as required, identifying root causes and corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Conducting regular visits to all areas of responsibility interacting with the management team and workforce.
- Coach and provide advice through all company levels on how best to meet responsibilities and required H&S standards
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Completion of a formal tertiary qualifications in Health and Safety (degree or post graduate qualification), and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training with a Diploma in health and safety as a minimum.
- Knowledge and experience in laboratory safety preferred.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of Australian legislation relating to Occupational Health & Safety and subsidiary documents such as standards and Codes of Practice.
- Min 2 years experience in a hands on HSE Advisory capacity and preferably with multi-business activity.
- Hold a current Drivers licence
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company who believe our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
- Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
- Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
- Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
- Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.