Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
As our new Health and Safety Advisor you will report to the project Health & Safety Manager and support the maintenance and effectiveness of the site's Safety and Health Management System. This is a dynamic, hands-on role where flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly are key to your success.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the coordination of all functional safety issues including the maintenance of relevant records and reports
- Play a pivotal role in the implementation of the injury management process
- Drive a strong safety culture and liaise with other departments to ensure achievement of the site's safety objectives
- Champion all applicable Health and Safety Laws, Regulations and statutory obligations at all times.
- A genuine passion for the safety and health of our front-line personnel
- Minimum Diploma in Safety
- S1, S2, S3 and G2
- Experience in rehabilitation coordination
- The ability to facilitate ICAM Investigations
- The ability to facilitate risk assessments
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong computer skills
What Thiess can do for you
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Company paid flights from Brisbane plus full camp facilities provided
- For DIDO employees, out of camp weekly allowance
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options – novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here [link removed]. No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.