MAKE YOUR MARK WITH THIESS
Every day, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration, and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Since 2017, our team has delivered mining excellence at Peak Downs with uncompromising safety and environmental standards. We’re looking forward to continuing our long-term relationship with BMA under a new 5-year contract that began in 2022.
We currently have an opportunity available for an enthusiastic Health and Safety Administrator at our Peak Downs project. Working on a 5/2 4/3 roster you will report to the project Health & Safety Manager and work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative support to the H&S Manager
- Manage compliance with the Coal Mine Workers Health Scheme
- Data management of the client and Thiess Incident Management Systems
- Assist the H&S team in the compilation and preparation of monthly reporting requirements
- Perform other duties as may be defined by the H&S Manager
This position is ideally suited to someone who has worked in the mining or an allied industry and has the following skills:
- Previous experience as a Health Safety and Training Administrator within a resources, construction or similar industry would be considered advantageous
- High level of organisational and time management skills
- Highly motivated and committed to meeting deadlines and delivering results
- Ability to work well in a high-volume busy work environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (specifically strong excel skills)
- Strong attention to detail
WHAT THIESS CAN DO FOR YOU
- 9 Day Fortnight (5/2 and 4/3)
- Full camp facilities provided – or living out of camp allowance, if applicable
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifices options –Novated leasing and flights
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.