If you are interested in working as part of a dynamic, friendly team, this is the move for you!
A full-time Head Chef position has become available with the team at Mercy Food Services.
The appropriate salary will depend on the period of relevant prior experience and qualifications.
What we Offer:
- Education and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym membership
- Health fund premium discounts
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
What you will be doing (but not limited to):
- Assist with the daily, general production and cooking to provide quality main meal dishes;
- Coordinate workflow and manage staff contributing to meal production to achieve efficient and quality operational outcomes;
- Ensure all production recipes and methodologies are recognised and adhered to;
- Determine production priorities in consultation with the Manager;
- Allocate resources to meet operational demands in terms of output in consultation with the Manager;
- Identify production shortfalls and provide labour relief when required;
- Assist the Manager in the day to day efficient operation of Mercy Food Services;
- Undertake inventory ordering and production management as required;
- Ensure food products maintain a high quality of standard and compliance;
- Collaboratively consult with dieticians and customers regarding the development of quality menus and food products as required;
- Certificate in Apply Cook Chill Processes.
- Certificate III in commercial cookery or equivalent thereof.
- Experience in a comparable position in a large commercial application for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service principles.
- Certificate in HACCP principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety and Food Safety principles.
- Demonstrated financial management and budgetary skills
- Ability to analyse and provide appropriate reports from departmental profit and loss statements.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in stock control/inventory management in a large commercial catering establishment.
- An ability to achieve goals and objectives with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound working knowledge of cook/chill principles, health an aged care dietary and texture modification.
- Certificate IV in Front Line Management
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and drive change
- Sound interpersonal and conflict management skills
Click Apply Now!