Wahroonga Residential Aged Care located in Biloela provides a vital service to the community, our residents and staff enjoy a fantastic place to work with beautiful surroundings and a positive culture.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for providing nourishing meals for our residents.
Let’s talk about the role:
- Providing an innovative, varied and nourishing meal service that meets resident needs and preferences.
- Creating, presenting and serving meals in an aesthetically pleasing manner that encourages enjoyment for consumers.
- Promote a safe food environment, including the cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchen and associated areas.
- Ensuring compliance with required food safety and quality standards.
- Managing a quality meal service within budgetary limits, provide input into budget setting and identifying budgetary savings or service improvements, when possible.
- Menu development, stock control, ordering and food safety and quality systems.
- Actively contributing to the advancement of the food service.
Now let’s talk about you:
Critical to your success in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in Commercial cooking / preparing meals for large groups of people. Experience within an Aged Care facility will be highly regarded.
- Experience in the operation of commercial kitchen equipment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
In addition you will:
- Possess an appropriate qualification in Commercial Cookery
- Be comfortable working within a small team on a wide range of simultaneous tasks.
- Maintain a positive National Police Check
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1800 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
What we can offer you:
A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance. You will receive:
- Access to salary packaging
- Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
- Membership to our full-service Employee Assistance Program, including professional, lifestyle and wellness support:
For a copy of the Position Description please click here
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below.