Are you ready to Start Something BIG? Working with world-class Caterpillar machinery, you will learn about the repair, service and maintenance of a massive range of equipment, engines and power systems. You will acquire skills and knowledge through on-the-job training and study, all under the guidance of the best in the business.
We offer a competency-based apprenticeship that can allow you to complete your trade certificate in less than four years and gain skills for life. Our 2024 intake begins in February 2024.
Our 2024 Intake offers the following apprenticeships:
- Alice Springs - Apprentice Diesel Fitter
- Brisbane - Apprentice Auto Electrician
- Brisbane - Apprentice Diesel Fitter
- Cairns - Apprentice Diesel Fitter
- Darwin - Apprentice Diesel Fitter
- Mackay - Apprentice Auto Electrician
- Mackay - Apprentice Diesel Fitter
- Mackay - Apprentice Boilermaker
- Mackay - Apprentice Electrical Fitter Mechanic - High Voltage
- Mackay - Apprentice Mechanical Fitter
- Mt Isa - Apprentice Diesel Fitter
- Rockhampton - Apprentice Diesel Fitter
- Rockhampton - Apprentice Engine Reconditioner
- Toowoomba - Apprentice Diesel Fitter
- Toowoomba - Electrical Fitter Mechanic - High Voltage
- Townsville - Apprentice Diesel Fitter
You will bring the following skills, experience and attributes to an apprenticeship:
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career in your chosen trade, demonstrated through work experience or previous studies in the area.
- Completing year 12 in 2023 or have previously completed year 12 with a minimum sound achievement in English and Maths or;
- Have left school prior to completing grade 12 and have a minimum 2 years work experience in a relevant field.
- Experience working in an industrial environment and competently using hand tools.
- A positive attitude towards workplace health and safety
- Excellent listening, comprehension, and communication skills
- A willingness to commit to structured training.
About the Benefits
Hastings Deering offers a wide range of benefits including:
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- A culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration
- Competitive pay & conditions
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
- Subsidised Tooling - discounts to purchase CAT branded tooling. Apprentices are expected to participate in The CAT tool program as part of their employment with Hastings Deering
APPLY NOW: hit the apply button!
Applications must be completed in full and submitted online.
Enquiries: 1300 071 618 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 25th June 2023
More info: hastingsdeering.com.au/apprentice